ABOUT APOLLO CANCER HOSPITALS, VISAKHAPATNAM
Apollo Cancer Hospitals, Visakhapatnam is a centre of excellence in cancer care. The hospital provides comprehensive cancer care including prevention, treatment and rehabilitation.
Apollo Cancer Hospitals offers services including Radiation Oncology, Medical Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and Head & Neck Oncology along with Specialty Clinics for Breast Cancer, Musculoskeletal Cancers, Oral and Throat Cancers.
Radiation Oncology Facilities
The Radiation Oncology Department is equipped with Novalis-Tx, TomoTherapy, High Dose rate Brachytherapy Unit, Treatment Planning System and Simulator.
Medical Oncology Facilities
The Medical Oncology department is augmented by our “Day Care Centre” with exclusive specialized staff, trained in oncological emergencies and anti-cancer drug administration.
Surgical Oncology Facilities
The Surgical Oncology department has specialists well versed with intricacies of ontological practice, as well as in tune with organ preservation protocols including limb salvage surgery for Osteosarcomas and soft tissue sarcomas.
Head & Neck Oncology
We have a dedicated Head & Neck department exclusively for screening & treatment of head neck malignancies. Experienced Head & Neck Surgical Oncologists do complex surgeries including skull base procedures, reconstruction, free flaps, function preservation surgeries, etc.
Superior Care. Human Touch.
Apollo Cancer Hospital, Visakhapatnam is unique not only in its state-of-the-art approach to cancer care, but also in the relationships that ‑ flourish between our patients and caregivers. Genuine compassion permeates every service we provide, to both our patients and their families. Only personnel that consider and respect the human aspects of patients’ lives work at our Hospital. This ideal creates an environment in which patient comfort and care is the top priority.
Apollo Cancer Hospitals, Visakhapatnam has active scientific co-operation from leading international institutions in United States & European countries. With an international network of specialists from every discipline, the hospital is comparable to the most advanced cancer facilities in the UK and the USA
‘Tumor Board’, a unique feature of the Apollo Cancer Hospitals, is a group of eminent Radiation, Medical and Surgical Oncologists, diagnosticians and other specialists. Together they concur on an accurate diagnosis and evolve the best unbiased scientific option for every patient even for the most baffling cases. Every patient gets only the very best and personal treatment plan from Tumor Board
Apollo Cancer Check
As early detection is the key to successful treatment, Apollo Cancer Hospitals, Visakhapatnam offers a subsidized package to detect Cancer early so as to nip them in the bud. These are discounted cancer screening packages for women and men and a free consultation with an Oncologist.
Supportive Services and Rehabilitation
Apollo Cancer Hospitals is supported by a support group consisting of Medical Counselors, Physiotherapist, Speech Therapist, Dietician and others, providing comprehensive care to patients.
Revolutionary Cancer Treatment
- TrueBeam STX advanced linear accelerator – We employ the most powerful tumor-destroying treatment, designed to target cancer in any part of the body.
- 3D-CRT (3 Dimensional Conformal RT)
- Intensity Modulating Radiotherapy (IMRT)
- IGRT, High Definition RapidArc
- SRS, SRT, SBRT
- PET-CT Scan with onsite Cyclotron
- PET-CT Guided Radiotherapy
- CT Simulator, simulates the operations of external beam units
- HDR Brachytherapy
Our expert oncologists are highly-skilled in developing personalized chemotherapy treatment plans to slow or stop the cancer’s ability to grow and multiply.
Specialized Cancer Treatments
We offer state-of-the-art diagnosis, compassionate treatment and exceptional support services for women with gynecologic or breast cancer as well as men with prostate or reproductive cancers.
High-Tech Care Made Highly Personalized
Working in close collaboration, our oncologists provide patients with an integrated, personalized approach to cancer care.
Apollo Cancer Hospitals, Vishakhapatnam Advantage
- Largest Network of Cancer Hospitals in India: Apollo Hospitals group runs a network of dedicated cancer care hospitals in Ahmadabad, Bangalore, Bilaspur, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai and Navi Mumbai share information and technology to provide the most effective treatment for cancer patients.
- Chemotherapy, new generation drugs and international protocols – Day care Chemotherapy Centre
- Bone Marrow Transplant Unit
- Dedicated Head & Neck Oncology Dept.
- Dedicated Breast Clinic, Urology & Gynecology Clinics
- Back-up of 375 bedded Apollo Health City with world-class expertise in over 50 specialties and 100 beds of ICU facility.